Lolita Survival KitsJanuary 27, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Posted in fashion, Life, Lumpy | 4 Comments
Tags: fashion, guide, lifestyle, lolita
Just imagine – you’ve spent hours getting ready, perfecting your outfit and hair and make-up. You arrive at the ball, give your hair a little fluff in a window’s reflection, and then, horrified, you see it. Whatever it is, you are mortified- how could you let this happen?! It was a horrible slight of judgment – how could you have forgotten _____?! Don’t panic– you have your Lolita Survival Kit!
Level 1 – things to throw in the bottom of your purse before you leave:
- Bobby pins and/or hair things
- Tide-to-go pen
- Lipgloss and mascara (both are make-up secret weapons, the two things that can most refresh your look)
Level 2 – keep in a little pouch, grab it on the way out the door:
- A travel-sized bottle of perfume
- Needle and thread and a few safety pins
- Make-up remover, for smeared mascara or eye liner
- Wisp toothbrush
- Extra cash
- Extra batteries for your camera
Level 3 – keep in the back seat of your car
- A pair of pajamas for surprise slumber parties
- Toiletries like deodorant and a toothbrush, also for surprise slumber parties
- A change of shoes in case you step in mud or your shoes are somehow inappropriate – a picnic with friends is rained out and your heels aren’t appropriate for clomping through the mall instead
- Emergency weather clothes – gloves, hat, and scarf in the winter, tanktop and sandals in the summer
- Extra cash, just in case – mentioned above but it bears repeating! You never know when you’ll get lost and encounter a toll bridge
- Rations – some candy, a granola bar – something not likely to spoil, just in case you go to a meet-up to find nothing you can eat. Don’t pass out driving home after wards – just nibble your rations!
- A book, in case you need to wait for someone.
- A comfy cutsew dress, in case you spill something on your skirt and need to change
- A cellphone charger, to reduce the risk of being stranded communicationless
Your lolita survival kit will make any situation managable. Never fear make-up mistakes, follicle follies, or other awful alliterations again. Build your own today!