As Complex as the ContentsDecember 19, 2009 at 5:27 am | Posted in fashion, Life, Lumpy | 8 Comments
Tags: fashion, innocent world, lifestyle, lolita, pink, review, shopping
A woman’s mind is as complex as the contents of her handbag; even when you get to the bottom of it, there is ALWAYS something to surprise you!
Recently I had the joy of purchasing my first brand purse. To me, the Brand Purse was always some kind of status symbol – sure, you need the dress, you need the socks, you need the ________, but the purse has always seemed to a flippant little something extra that a lolita doesn’t actually require. A plain or non-loli purse will always be fine, as well as a brand tote, and I’m somehow exceptionally hard on… well, everything, but especially purses. They’re right up there with brand shoes – they’re going to get scuffed up and dirtied and knocked around, but dammit, they’re just so cute.
So that’s why I bought this new purse from Innocent World. Isn’t it lovely (Come on now, I’m not hearing a resounding chorus of ooh’s and aah’s!)? I was slightly worried about the size – it’s definitely a pochette, and I’m used to lugging half my worldly possessions around in my purse – but I was please to know that, as is often the case with small purses, there is some form of black hole inside its main compartment that houses not only THREE POCKETS (I know!), but a multitude of other goodies. The fun part is, since it’s a rectangle, you have to sort of jigsaw your things in it like a puzzle – yeah, that’s the fun part for me. Hello, Gemini ascendant, is that you?!
So here’s everything that I fit in my purse with a bit of room to spare:
- Camera, in a Mother Garden case (technically, this is just the case, as I was using said camera. Clearly, as there is… a picture. Um, yeah.)
- BIG sunglasses
- Iiiii have no wallettt, I have no wallet, I keep my cards together with… well, a hair tie, actually. They conveniently fit perfectly in one of the inside pockets.
- Blistex. Shut up, it’s damn cold here!
- Lipgloss. Yes, I carry two lip coverings with me at all time. It used to be three. They serve very different purposes. Now stop laughing.
- Keys, with a plush elephant PEZ dispenser keychain. Gift from my boss – he also got Victoria Suzanne a hippo. It’s… a long, complicated story.
- Cell phone! No, it’s not very pretty. It goes through various stages of pretty- this is not its best look. Note, if you will, the thin line of pink along the back – that is duct tape holding in its battery. Yes, seriously.
- A pen. For jotting down URLs of interesting websites I happen upon and the numbers of cute suitors I meet while flitting about town.
- My new Tarot deck, modeled unknowingly by my darling Victoria Suzanne!
Also, this picture was conveniently shot at a Starbucks on our most recent date. Note the soy peppermint mocha and the soy caramel brulee latte – usually we prefer chai lattes, but it was too cold out not to be festive! As the picture states, they were indeed very yummy.
So, ladies, what’s in your purse?