Miss Lumpy, Her LumpinessJanuary 3, 2009 at 1:09 am | Posted in Lumpy | 1 Comment
Well, I decided it would probably be a good idea to introduce myself a bit.
…But I wrote up a traditional introduction and decided it was LAME. So, instead I’m going to do a ten-facts one:
- My real (nick)name is Aly, I’m a college student in New England, USA, and I’m 19 years old – I’m majoring in Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts. I’m working as a receptionist at a holistic center a few towns over from me. Okay, the boring stuff is out of the way!
- My dream profession is to own a teahouse in league with one of my old friends. When I’m upset I sometimes plan it to cheer myself up – what it’ll look like, what we’ll serve, even how the waiters and waitresses will dress.
- My sun sign is taurus – if you’re into Astrology, I’m a double-taurus Scorpio Moon. Yeah, it’s as wonky as it sounds.
- My favorite foods are sweets – anything covered with whipped cream and strawberries is a-okay with me! I also prefer to keep meat away from my diet, and don’t consume much dairy… aside from whipped cream, which I consume whenever possible. Savory-wise, though, I love pasta – I’d eat that shit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- I don’t like to swear – I only do so when incredibly angry or for comedic effect. I think as long as it’s inoffensive (and depending on who I’m conversing with), it can be a riot to hear a cupcake-shaped pink monstrosity just not take that shit!
- Even though I live in a snowy, cold area, I really hate snow (it gets ugly so fast! Dirt from the roads, etc), but find myself looking forward to it once it’s been a few weeks in between storms. In fact, it’s snowing right now!
- Despite loving to cook and bake, I do it incredibly rarely because I hate cleaning up. I only do it at my parents because they have a dishwasher, and all I have at my apartment is a sink! 😦
- I love emoticons. I think it’s silly not to use them, unless you’re writing a novel or article or something of that nature. If you’re conversing, you don’t have the dynamics of voice or facial expression to help communicate your point, and things get lost in translation a lot. I figure, why not help it along? I used to get creative with my smilies, but now I leave it to the basics – :), etc.
- I’m really quiet – I don’t really like to talk or make noise much, unless I’m around certain friends, in which case I will not shut up. Sorry, Julia.
- I have bronchitis!! I just got surgery a few weeks ago and apparently it may have something to do with that? I dunno but I have a disgusting cough that prohibits breathing well and it’s not fun 😦
Well, I don’t think I have anything else to say – if you have questions, of course, feel free to ask me!